Blackberry Chia Seed Jam
This sweet and crunchy jam is an easy to make, and even easier to incorporate into dishes. Light and packed full of helpful nutrients, this craving-curbing jam is perfect for a sweet spread across your toast in the morning, in sandwiches during lunch or even infused to a yoghurt for pudding! The possibilities are endless.
- 450g blackberries, we used frozen berries
- 2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like your jam)
- 3 tablespoons Organic Chia Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a medium-sized pot, bring the blackberries to a low boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the berries soften, about 5 minutes. Lightly mash the blackberries with a potato masher or fork. Leave some berries in chunks for texture.
2. Stir in the maple syrup and Organic Chia Seeds. Cook the jam on low until it thickens, about 5-7 minutes. Make sure you stir the jam, so it doesn’t stick.
3. Remove the jam from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Let jam cool to room temperature. Pour in a glass jar or air-tight container and store in the refrigerator. The jam will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and can be frozen in an air-tight container if needed.